Followers

Friday, July 17, 2020

Yet Another Hot Weekend

Another weekend looms before me. I don't know why I still get excited on Friday mornings. We really don't do very much. The husband and I love to spend time at the lake. I, however, have issues with sweating properly which causes me to react badly to heat. Because of this, I spend a lot of time in the air conditioning. I would rather be at home to do this than cooped up in our RV though it is quite spacious. If I'm at the campground, I want to be outside! So, I'm not sure what this weekend will look like. I'm definitely looking forward to the cooler fall weather that will happen for me sometime in mid-October.

Also, because today is Friday, that means that I had to climb on the scale at exactly 10:30 am for a weigh-in. Another pound down. I'm following WW on the blue plan and loving it. I could honestly do this for the rest of my life. It's that easy. I want to finally get to a healthy weight and stay there. I did Keto for about a year, gained my weight back, and then tried again. I just can't even handle the thought of almond flour ever again. No, please.

I feel that I'm being lazy today. I've been reading about odd deaths and haunting suicides. The people behind the stories fascinate me. And yet, I write Christian fiction. Go figure. I've also been talking to my daughter about WW and how it can be used for a lifetime. I really need to go start the dishwasher but I don't want to. But I have to. Our office/craft room is a building outside of our home. So I have to walk all the way inside to start the dishwasher and fold the laundry. Okay, no more procrastinating. I'm headed inside. BRB

Okay, so that took longer than expected though I'm sure you didn't notice. I must also confess that I took the day off from writing. Am I the only one that gets numerous ideas at night when I'm supposed to be sleeping? "Oh! I'll do that in the morning!" But then when the morning comes, I find myself doing anything but opening Word in order to work on one of my six already-started books. Yes, six...wait, there might be more.

Let me explain. Dead Butterflies is complete but in desperate need of a few people to read through it and then editing. I've also been working on a teen adventure called Five Strange Things. In addition to those, I'm also working on a stand-alone called For Molly. And then there's my new Garrett Family series that could be or should be at least ten books. The first is called Unbroken. And then there is Uncertain which is half complete. And I can't forget my Christmas story called Christmas Ginger.

So, as you can see, I have quite a bit I could be working on. I tend to write a chapter a day in addition to editing other chapters from various books. Each chapter is about 4,000 words. That is what I'm supposed to be doing. As I type, my husband is on the phone rambling about this and that. Another problem I have is if I'm distracted, all writing for the day goes out the window. I'm hoping to use this blog as an exercise to stay on track. I hope to have at least one of my books published by the end of this year. Dead Butterflies is my plan.

I'll also be self-publishing all of my books and my publishing "company" name will be Miracle Cove. If anyone is out there, prayers are gladly accepted!

Here's hoping to have a fun weekend. Grammarly is telling me that my blog sounds gloomy. I don't mean for it to be gloomy. Anyway, I hope that if anyone is reading this blog that you'll have a fantastic weekend! Stay safe!

2 comments:

  1. Your book titles all sound intriguing! I'm looking forward to reading more from you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I just now found this comment!

    ReplyDelete