Followers

Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Writing and Dave Ramsey

Well, it's happened. After a really good writing streak, I'm losing interest in my Christmas book. I don't actually have time to do this if I want it published by December. I admit that I've been preoccupied with Dave Ramsey's program and WW recipes and losing weight. I'm hoping and praying that I get my writing mojo back.

Juan came home yesterday with a Dogwood tree and hopefully, the thing likes our front yard and will grow up nice and strong. My grandmother had one in her front yard and would always send pictures of it when it bloomed. I'm talking about film pictures here. I'll post the little tree's progress as we go along.

But, back to Dave Ramsey...oh and homesteading. I can't forget that part. In 2017 we purchased a used single-wide mobile home with plans to make it over. This process has been slow going because the husband is a little difficult to get motivated. But finally, he has begun to trim out the windows. I hate the storm windows that come with mobile homes so the plan was to take them all off, throw them out and trim up the windows with wood. So far, half of the work is done on ONE window. Okay, two windows if you consider that they are in the living room side by side. But, still.

Our other plan is to add on to the home and create a spare bedroom/sewing room, mudroom, and new living room allowing the existing living room to become part of the kitchen. We (or I) want to gut both bathrooms and redo them as well. Oh, and the mudroom would sport a half-bath. We also need a half-bath out by the pool and the decking finished in the back yard.

Next spring we want to begin to plant vegetables and use a lot of our property for gardening. And also, we need a place to gather for all of our nine children and their families. And, we need Covid to go away. Please and thank you.

So we've been watching a lot of YouTube except for the break we took last night to watch the "new" Maleficent movie thanks to my husband's begging. That is behind us now. We can get back to Dave and homesteading. And I guess I need to figure out a way to make a new batch of soap this week as well. If Christmas Ginger makes it, it will be a miracle for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment